Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Highlights from PMX 2008

Okay, what do I remember from last weekend:

-Asian Food Challenge: Wasabi, silkworm larvae, bitter melon, tiny sardines, fish paste, oh my
-An artist in Artist Alley who actually is a fan of Kanon and Clannad (he was selling fan art of Sayuri Kurata ahaha~, but he didn't do Ayu Tsukimiya's uguu).
-A representative of one artist in Artist Alley that my friend hired for $2/hour to carry her backpack.
-Trying dango for the first time (I bought at Mitsuwa and shared with my con buddies during a screening of Korean drama I really, really like you).
-SickStep panel
-Spending way too much in the dealers room (two Lucky Star Figures, three gothic neckties, Haruhi messenger bag, six Clannad keychains, again this was a 2 1/2 day event)
-Midnight madness watching Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya hoping to win free stuff only to find that you had to win in a Hare Hare Yukai dance-off, which I was too tired for.
-My friend falling off a chair during a screening of K-drama Full House while sleeping. It took two medics and a volunteer to wake him up after we put him back on a chair.
-Freebies including a Robotech t-shirt, beach ball, Korean drama post-it notes, Korean drama DVD.
-Many visits to Karaoke, including a memorable appearance by The Tall Guys, a guy doing a strip tease to the Full Monty soundrack, and L from Death Note singing the Pokemon theme song.
-Dropping way too much change in the Pop 'n Music machine at the arcade.
-Hmmmm, I can't think of other stuff right now, I'm still tired.

1 comment:

Dustin said...

Lol. I'm one of "the Tall Guys" ;)