Thursday, January 29, 2009

I Guess Borders Is My New Place For Impulse Buys...

I went to Borders today to buy a Thomas Guide for L.A./O.C. (I'll get a GPS when I get a new car...), and I ended up compelled to buy two cosplay/Japanese fashion books:

Japanese Schoolgirl Inferno: Tokyo Teen Fashion Subculture Handbook by Macias and Evers-It even includes a quiz as to what kind of Gal you are. According to the flowchart, I'm a bad gal. I should watch the movie Kamikaze Girls for reference...

Cosplay Girls 2: Japan's Live Animation Heroines by Cocoro Books-I got interested in cosplay photography because of volume 1. Volume 2 trades larger picture size for fewer pics. I do like how they mention the day jobs of some of these layers (according to the book, cosplayers prefer to call themselves "layers" now, though I doubt that term will catch on in the U.S...I'm still trying to make cameko as common a word in the U.S. anime con scene as yuri).

1 comment:

Jyuichi said...

Kamikaze girls is so much fun ^_^ someone stole my copy though >.>