Thursday, March 12, 2009

Cosplay Scavenger Hunt Part 5?: Guitar Heroes?

I've been playing Guitar Hero World Tour the past few nights, and I've been thinking that the next big anime could be K-On! when it premieres next month (though I always have a special place in my heart for female band geeks in prep school uniforms). I know nothing about the manga (especially since I can't read Japanese), but it just seems like the guitar will be the next common cosplay prop after swords and other weapons. With that in mind, I guess I should come up with a list of guitar playing anime characters.

Edit 4/1/09-It only counts if the character actually has a guitar/bass in hand.

Yui Hirasawa (K-On!)*
Mio Akiyama (K-On!)*
Haruhi Suzumiya (The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya)*
Yuki Nagato (The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya)*
Yukio Tanaka (BECK: Mongolian Chop Squad)
Ryusuke Minami (BECK: Mongolian Chop Squad)
Ken'ichi Saito (BECK: Mongolian Chop Squad)
Yoshiyuki Taira (BECK: Mongolian Chop Squad)
Hiroshi Nagano (Gravitation)

I haven't watched many series where there was significant guitar playing, but ideas are always welcome. Maybe a singing idols cosplay list would be easier as Skip Beat would easily be on the list.

1 comment:

Jyuichi said...

watch the J-movie Linda Linda Linda some time :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bFkk03xoHNI

Translated (sub) version is from Viz Pictures