Friday, March 6, 2009

Cosplay Scavenger Hunt Part 4: Studio Ghibli (Miyazaki Bias)

If it wasn't Cartoon Network or Saturday morning shows, you were probably first introduced to anime through a Studio Ghibli film that was distributed by Disney. So I might as well focus on a single studio for this part of the cosplay scavenger hunt list (I hope I get to see Princess Mononoke soon at an event I plan on attending...)

For now, I'll just focus on the films I've actually seen (so there is definitely a Hayao Miyazaki slant to this) and characters that would make for some interesting cosplay

Characters from Porco Rosso
Porco Rosso (Marco Pagott...I didn't know he had a real name)
Donald Curtis
Mama Aiuto Gang Boss
Ferrari

Characters from Laputa: Castle in the Sky
Pazu
Dola
Colonel Muska
Uncle Pomme
General Muoro
Dola's Mechanic
Laputa Robot
Pazu's Father

Characters from Kiki's Delivery Service
Kiki
Tombo

Characters from Princess Mononoke
Ashitaka
San
Lady Eboshi Gozen
Jiko Bou
Toki
Gonza
Kodama

Characters from Spirited Away
Chihiro Ogino
Haku
Yubaba/Zeniba (really can you tell them apart?)
Rin (Lin)
No-face (Kaonashi)
Kamaji
Chihi-yaku
Ani-yaku
Kashira

Characters from Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind
Nausicaa
Lord Yupa
Asbel
Kushana
Kurotowa
Lastelle
Grandmother
Jhil
Mito

Characters from My Neighbor Totoro
Mei Kusakabe
Totoro
Kanta
Kanta's Grandmother
Cat bus (I'm sure it can be done)

I got the names from www.onlineghibli.com...Now I want to rewatch these DVDs after finishing watching my new purchases.

No comments: