Sunday, June 14, 2009

Cosplay Scavenger Hunt Part 7: Konata Is My Wife....(My Primary Hit List for AX09)

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2009-06-12/survey/k-on-mio-reborn-hibari-are-no.1-bride-and-groom

Considering I tend to watch slice-of-life shojo anime series more, I should first compile a list of female characters that otaku would marry. In addition to the above article, I've also based this list on Anime Expo forums, my own cosplay photography reference books (I assume that multiple cosplayers dressed as the same character in the book indicate popularity of the character), and what I've watched...Obviously, marriage is just a hypothetical situation, and many of the characters I've observed have not shown enough character development in their respective series to really determine compatibility with a character...there's a reason why you date and get to know people in the real world before you ever really consider marriage. Also this list refers to cosplayable characters...Makoto from The Girl Who Leapt Through Time was one of my favorite characters, but a white polo shirt and blue pleated skirt can be any high school student uniform, as was the case when I was in high school...for all the young people still in high school...college is better...

*Seen at least one episode

Mio Akiyama (K-On!)*
Taiga Aisaka (Toradora)*
Azusa Nakano (K-On!)*
Yuki Nagato (The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya)*
Haruhi Suzumiya (The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya)*
Tsuruya-san (The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya)*
Rukia Kuchiki (Bleach)
Kyou Fujibayashi (Clannad)*
Kotomi Ichinose (Clannad)*
Tomoyo Sakagami (Clannad)*
Yukine Miyazawa (Clannad)*
Mitsui (Clannad)*
Ayu Tsukimiya (Kanon)*
Mai Kawasumi (Kanon)*
Sayuri Kurata (Kanon)*
Mishio Amano (Kanon)*
Shiori Misaka (Kanon)*
Kaori Misaka (Kanon)*
Nayuki Minase (Kanon)*
Kano Kirishima (Air)*
Moka Akashiya (Rosario + Vampire)*
Mizore Shirayuki (Rosario + Vampire)*
Kurumo Kuruno (Rosario + Vampire)*
Ruby (Rosario + Vampire)*
Shizuka Nekonome (Rosario + Vampire)*
Shirara Shirayuki (Rosario + Vampire Capu2)*
Ageha Kuruno (Rosario + Vampire Capu2)*
Nana Osaki (NANA)
Rei Ayanami (Neon Genesis Evangelion)*/(once I realized how pitiful Shinji was in Evangelion 1.0 You Are Not Alone...I stopped watching...)
Belldandy (Ah! My Goddess)*
Urd (Ah! My Goddess)*
Peorth (Ah! My Goddess)*
Lind (Ah! My Goddess)*
Sayoko Mishima (Ah! My Goddess)*
Megumi Morisato (Ah! My Goddess)*
Satoko Yamano (Ah! My Goddess)*
Kagura (Gintama)
Hino Kahoko (La Corda d'Oro)
Kasumi (Dead or Alive...sad if you only like her from DoA Extreme Beach Volleyball)
Candy Cane (Rumble Roses)
Shiho (To Heart)*
Ai-Chan (Yatterman)
Toru Honda (Fruits Basket)
Chii (Chobits)
Yoko Ritona (Gurren Lagann)
Minamo Kurosawa (Azumanga Daioh)*
Sakaki-san (Azumanga Daioh)*
Tomo Takino (Azumanga Daioh)*
Koyomi Mizuhara (Azumanga Daioh)*
Yukari Tanizaki (Azumanga Daioh)*
Kagura (Azumanga Daioh)*
Kuniko Hojo (Shangri-La)*
Sakura Haruno (Naruto)
Hinata Hiyuuga (Naruto)
Kate Ashley (Red Garden)
Kaname Chidori (Full Metal Panic)*
Teletha Testarossa (Full Metal Panic)*
Melissa Mao (if she gave up smoking...Full Metal Panic)*
Ren Mikihara (Full Metal Panic, Fumoffu)*
Ren Tsuruga (Skip Beat!)*
Xia Yu Lan (Full Metal Panic: The Second Raid)*
Mahoro Ando (Mahoromatic)*
Kiri Komori (Sayonara, Zetsubou-Sensei)
Sheryl Nome (Macross Frontier)
Nodoka Miyazaki (Negima)
Ryoko (Tenchi Muyo!)
Misa Amane (Death Note)
Miku Hatsune (Vocaloid)
Fujiko Mine (Lupin the 3rd)
Konata Izumi (Lucky Star)*
Kagami Hiiragi (Lucky Star)*
Nanako Kuroi (Lucky Star)*
Yui Kobayakawa (Narumi) (Lucky Star)*
Misao Kusakabe (Lucky Star)*
Akira Kogami (Lucky Star...suggested in forums)
Koalla Su (Love Hina...someone in the forums suggested this)*
Matoko Aoyama (Love Hina)*
Kitsune Konno (Love Hina)*
Naru Narusegawa (Love Hina)*
Mutsume Otohime (Love Hina)*

After spending some time at Disneyland the other day, I have learned that teenage girls rarely act like any of the characters listed above...I'm also pretty sure for many otaku, you need a combination of traits from the above characters in order to have compatibility...

Considering the number of characters on the brides list, I feel I'm not up to the task of setting up a grooms list (I still have Anime Expo 2009 to prepare for...setting up a special master personal photo scavenger hunt list for the biggest anime convention in the U.S....take that Otakon!)...Please leave your suggestions in the comments, and I'll post that as Part 8.

2 comments:

SelenDragon said...

... Ren Tsuruga from SkipBeat! ???

Ren's the guy, if I'm not mistaken, and the two main girls are Moko and Kyoko.

Unless that's a spoiler than Ren's a girl... XD

amateur_cameko said...

You are right...I watched only one episode of Skip Beat months ago...I don't remember the names...but I'm amazed that you read through the entire list...