Saturday, July 4, 2009

Anime Expo Day 2: 3,2,1 Breakout!

Well I knew that I wouldn't be doing too many different things this day because of the Morning Musume concert, but there were some interesting things...

-Origami...I was able to do the flower and spinner, but gave up on the box...
-Anime trivia contest...the audience knew more of the answers than the three contestants...
-Morning Musume concert...the winners of a MySpace video contest were presented...there was Morning Musume's favorite from the U.S., Tsukunu's favorite from China, and the Grand Prize video from Japan (which reminded me of Ah-ha's Take On Me video).
-A Haruhi/Lucky Star cosplay gathering that was 90% Haruhi/10% Lucky Star...apparently I wasn't the only one who did Meito (who didn't stay for the gathering). At least two people recognized it while I was wandering the convention center enough to take my pic...one of the vendors at the Exhibit Hall also recognized it, too. Sadly, I may have avoid posting some of the Haruhi pics from the gathering lest I get complaints from parents on some of the poses.
-Mio Akiyama cosplay!

To break the monotony of staying at the convention center all day, I took my friend to Little Tokyo Marketplace (since I got lost finding the place I usually park in Little Tokyo...I usually go to Little Tokyo straight from Orange County, not downtown L.A.)...had sashimi and sushi for dinner followed by playing arcade games such as what I presume to be Taiko master, a sword fighting game, and Guilty Gear XX...now I see why many cosplay as Bridget...she's so cute!. We also bought some groceries that included mochi ice cream bon-bons (mango flavored) and some other flavored mochi. I suspect that the mango mochi rather than the kimchi that was also purchased at the grocery store didn't agree with me, which is why I'm up so early in the morning. Rather than wake up roommates, I'm down in a business center posting a new entry in the blog.

From the cosplay shopping list I created for AX, what I have taken pics of so far:
-Taiga Aisaka (ToraDora!)
-North High School Uniform (The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya)
-Ryouu High School Uniform (Lucky Star)
-Hikarizaka High School Uniform (that is not myself or my friend...Clannad)
-Kaname Chidori and Sasuke Sagara (Full Metal Panic...I also got Bonta Kun)
-Seishun Academy Uniform (Prince of Tennis...team uniforms count...)
-Kurumu Kurunu (Rosario + Vampire)
-Cross Academy Uniform (Vampire Knight)
-Tohru Honda (with a live rat as a partner...Fruits Basket)
-Mio Akiyama (Don't Say Lazy style...uniform probably would be missed...K-On!)
-Mikuru Battle Waitress Uniform (The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya)
-Haruhi and Mikuru Bunny Girl (The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya)
-Nagato crossplaying as Itsuki? (The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya)
-Jet Black (Cowboy Bebop)
-Yoko and crossplay Kamina (Gurren Lagann)

So there's still a way to go to complete the list, but the concert and the Little Tokyo side trip did take up a lot of time...

No comments: