Saturday, July 11, 2009

The Illustrated Story: Anime Expo Day 4

It is interesting to find the the majority of my good photos were taken on the last day of Anime Expo...


Anyway, as this was also check-out day, there wasn't much planned (though it looks like ABC already claimed my hotel as HQ for the Michael Jackson coverage) as I had to take my friend to the airport later that evening. So my friend and I split up to watch different shows...I watched a little bit of Chocolate, a live action movie, which appeared to be from Thailand, about a girl with secret martial arts abilities who attacks business owners who owed her mother money.

The only things I wanted to see today was the voice actor panel for a chance to hear Kari Wahlgren speak, Robot Chicken panel, art auction, and closing ceremonies, and to catch some convention-closing sales at the exhibit hall. Unfortunately, there wasn't much in terms of sales, but I was able to snatch items that they were almost running out of, and the Artists' Alley did show some KyoAni fanart that I would want to put up on my wall:


I really learned to control my spending this time, buying only things that would be cheaper/easier to buy in person than online...If only I knew the Kinokuniya would've run out of the "Don't Say Lazy" CD, I would've bought it earlier instead of having to order it...

I caught a little bit of the voice actor panel with Kari Wahlgren...Learning that it was really nothing more than a Q&A session, I left after Ms. Wahlgren satisfied a fan's request of saying "I love you, Konata" in her Kagami voice...the same format was true for the Robot Chicken panel, though it was neat to hear Seth Green mention a new series...

I did meet up with my friend for Shin Chan before checking out the exhibit hall and Artists' Alley one more time before lunch.

While my friend wanted to enjoy her purchases, I attempted to try to get a unique collectible at the charity auction. Unfortunately, things quickly got too rich for my blood even when I wanted an autographed Shuffle wall scroll...

Since the auction ran long, I couldn't stay for the closing ceremonies. My friend and I had one last meal at Little Tokyo before heading to the airport. We found more AX attendees hanging out at Little Tokyo:


I hope my friend becomes more comfortable having her pic taken for the next cosplay event as I'm already thinking of new costumes to work on...

Now some final cosplay pics:

First up are some Metal Gear Solid pics (and best use of old appliances...):





Now some other pics:









Considering how long it takes me to put pics in a blog post, I've placed the last of my pics in my Flickr.

Hopefully I'll do a better job posting cosplay pics on my blog next time...

1 comment:

BryAnime said...

Dude, that's me in the third pic on the far left