Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Nisei Week part 2 segment 3: ...And the Winners Are, and Some Fighting Spirit



Like waiting for the start of this short contest, there was a long wait for the judges to pick a winner...During the wait, the cosplayers broke out into dance as the DJ was still around...





And now the winners...I don't remember the different awards specifically by I remember the judges were impressed with a hat:



With the ability to make your own belts:



The ability to Riverdance in a maid outfit:



And someone who really can speak Japanese:



To close out the events on the stage, a Kempo demonstration...I forgot the terms they used for their techniques, but I do notice that some looked a lot like what I've learned in aikido...and that the yellow belt should know how to put on a gi by now...







There was also some weapons handling demonstrated:



I still prefer aikido since it doesn't rely on strength, but I do admire their ability to take falls on a surface harder than a nice dojo mat...

Up next is a parade in several parts...

No comments: