Friday, August 21, 2009

Nisei Week part 2 segment 4: Everybody Loves a Parade


Like many civic parades, there's a lot a groups represented...unfortunately, I stood behind the speakers so I couldn't hear what the commentators were saying about each group, but I did hear that a member of the LAPD motorcycle drill team fell down as they were doing a trick (search on YouTube for a video...).

Japanese Americans were represented...



And some civic and dance groups were represented (again, I couldn't hear what the announcers were saying, but I really liked the designs on the outfits...). What I heard from one of the spectators was how she noticed that while the dancers seemed to represent different groups and doing different routines, they all appeared to be in sync with whatever music was in earshot.







And still more groups including some beauty queens and the parade marshal Frank Buckley from KTLA...









Children being asked to perform some arduous task:



I hope that drum cart wasn't heavy...



Then a dog group...I did remember seeing a dog belonging to one of the spectators trying to pick a fight with one of the club dogs...



Then if the finest were represented earlier, then the bravest should be represented somewhere in a parade...



And of course, the cosplayers making another appearance...











Coming up in the last two parts...the parade goes dark...

Remember, if you want to see a better resolution of any pic that I've posted, just ask...

No comments: