Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Pacific Media Expo 2009 Part 2: Nabeshin Panel




Okay, considering the demographic of attendees at PMX, I wasn't sure exactly how crowded the Nabeshin panel would be (or what it would be about as I haven't heard anything new since The Wallflower), but I guess the combination of the Kogi truck and a little publicized schedule change kept the crowds small...

It turns out he was helping manga artist Aoi Kidokoro in describing how to put on a kimono...a must lesson if you wanna impress the ladies with your knowledge of Japanese culture, or as Nabeshin would put it, you're a hentai...I hope someone posts the video of the panel as I don't have it...

Okay, I don't remember the names of the parts of the yukata (we didn't have all day to see how to put on a full kimono), but I think these are the steps in order...







What Nabeshin's favorite part is the are (a-re)...pulling off the sash...



The next volunteer was in a sailor fuku, so naturally Nabeshin had to point out that if you prefer sailor fuku over kimono, then you're a hentai...if you prefer kimono over sailor fuku, you're also a hentai...



But the last volunteer was the most entertaining (she was the interpreter for the autograph session) as most kimono wouldn't fit people her size, which she accepts as it would allow her to show more leg...



While traditionally, a woman would have other layers under the kimono...



Of if you were wondering, Nabeshin's kimono was a gift from God, specially designed for afro mode...

Well I never had a whole post just on a single panel, but this is one of the few non-industry panels that I actually enjoyed (unlike the one I walked in on on the last day of PMX)...

Well since I plan my next post on the Cosfest masquerade, I should end this with some cosplay...

No comments: