Sunday, November 1, 2009

The West Hollywood Halloween Costume Carnaval 2009 Part 1: How to Organize The Few Pics I Took?

Well since it's a street festival, it gets really crowded very quickly, so there's no way to figure out how to organize the pics I took, especially since unlike at cons, I can't really interact with them so I can write a good narrative...Maybe I should get the political/15 minutes of fame pics out of the way first...

While I was unable to find a Kate Gosselin (did anyone really pay attention before the divorce?), I did find several balloon boys such as this one...



(The sign said we did it for the show...)

While I didn't find the notorious illegal alien costume, I did find another pair whose costume could be considered offensive...



Some want to address environmental issues...



Yeah, considering this was West Hollywood, there were some Prop 8 related statements made by some outfits...no pics because it would take a while to explain to those outside of the U.S. what Prop 8 was about, and also California's proposition system. Plus I really wasn't interested in taking such pictures...though I did remember seeing a Romeo & Julian costume pair, but they needed a sign to illustrate that concept. Otherwise, it's just two guys in tights, something I would've expected anyway during Halloween in WeHo.

But health care reform seems easier to understand, though I think there is a better way of doing "death panel" as a costume:



(Again, it may take too long to really understand the meaning of end-of-life consultation...except that as I saw on the Jay Leno Show when Bill Maher appeared, death panels existed before the phrase was coined...insurance can always deny life-saving procedures...) Apparently, the death panel thinks I have too many pre-existing conditions (had a cold) to continue coverage...while I enjoyed the joke, I am always wary of receiving anything from a stranger for free at a street festival, even a hand stamp...



Speaking of health care, swine flu also seemed too easy for a costume...



I think that's a start for showing off pics...I'll get to showing my costume eventually...


No comments: