Sunday, November 8, 2009

The West Hollywood Halloween Costume Carnaval 2009 Part 6: Transitioning to PMX

Okay, I was slacking off and didn't finish posting the Halloween pics before heading off to Pacific Media Expo 2009 in L.A. So here's my attempt at transitioning from Halloween mode to general con mode (with a slight hint of cosplay event fatigue...).

Unlike last year, I was able to afford a hotel room for PMX thanks to the money I saved by switching to Geico...



During PMX, I hope I can avoid eating this too much...



I hope I see a lot of interesting things since I've noticed seeing the same people and costumes between Anime Expo to Nisei Week to Mikomicon to now...if I get bored with this, I might have to resort to spending the weekend with this...





Good I brought this for my morning exercise at the hotel for PMX...



The bummer about PMX is that it seems to always coincide with the weekend where they film the Christmas special here...



But I hope skipping the tv taping is rewarded by seeing a lot of these...



(female and 21 or over please..., not really Girl Scouts)

Well, I guess it's a cop out to write about what I hope for for a con after I've attended the con, but I wanted to find a way to make a transition from Halloween mode to a return to con mode...

Anyway, a preview of stories from the Pacific Media Expo 2009:
-Nabeshin shows you how to take off a yukata...
-Goth! Goth! Lolli! Lolli! (not related to The Wallflower)
-A very quick eating contest
-Korean tacos (those viewers in L.A. county should know about this)
-an Amazing Race appearance?
-The Tall Guys return for another memorable performance
-I finally figure out a pose for my first cosplay
-and watching a bunch of Korean dramas

I guess the cosplay picture taking fatigue is setting as as the number of pictures I took seems to have been steadily decreasing since Nisei Week, but I guess it is expected as my con-going season winds down for the year...


No comments: