Monday, May 24, 2010

Cosplay In America Book Launch Party at Royal/T



Well if you read my previous post about the SoCal Cosplay Gathering a few weeks ago, then you knew about the upcoming book Cosplay in America, a photo book made by Ejen Chuang. Well you can check out the site for details about the book...this post is about the launch party held yesterday at Royal/T in Culver City.

Before I went to the party in the back, I treated myself to lunch in the cafe, a Kobe beef burger with some tea...



The last time I was here, I was served by a maid, but I guess Sundays are a form of casual Friday...



Now Royal/T is more than a cafe, it is also an art space...



After lunch, I finally went to the party in the back...





Like any party, there were DJs spinning music people danced too...



I guess the author really wants to document the whole book publishing process...



and get his subjects to sign his copy...



One of the other subjects in the book is a family of Gundam cosplayers (I guess their son had to stay home...)



There was also a hopping place where you can rock out to Third Eye Blind if the tunes spun by Tune In Tokyo were not to your liking...



Nearby was what appears to be the background used in the book, which oddly enough, wasn't used much by the cameko and cosplayers in attendance...



Then some of my college buddies arrived, so I stepped back out to have a minty limeade while they enjoyed their lunch...



After my buddies left, a chat with a professional costumer, some cosplay pics (I'm saving myself for Anime Expo...)...



...and a raffle for some tickets and a copy of Cosplay Fever, then going back home to get ready for the daily grind again...

So that was my Sunday...how was yours?

1 comment:

BryAnime said...

Hey, cool, I think you put a couple of my friends in that book