Monday, May 17, 2010

Travels with Yui: Las Vegas

One time hanging out at Disneyland, I saw some people taking a Flat Stanley pic...since Flat Stanley is too common, I wanted to do something a little more unique, so I bought an extra Yui plushie (after the first time I got during the cherry blossom festival in Little Tokyo) and took it with me to the city where I grew up...I visited family this past weekend...Unfortunately, I lost the plushie when I returned home, so these are the last images of her (until I get a new Yui...)

So my first pics are from a drive up Desert Inn Road to the Strip...

You can see the Rio in the background...

Then The Mirage...

...Treasure Island and Palazzo

...more of the Strip

...and The Stratosphere

...Fashion Show Mall's cloud canopy...

...then turning onto Paradise Rd.

...seeing the Las Vegas Monorail tracks...

...and another turn...



...more admiring the changing Vegas skyline...

Then finally stopping for breakfast at the buffet at Paris Las Vegas...



Then lunch at Mon Ami Gabi also at Paris Las Vegas...(grilled cheese and short ribs sandwich with fries)



And then wandering across the street and back...



and then flying home...



As this was more a family visit than a vacation, there wasn't much opportunity for pics...I hope I'll get a new plushie before my next trip...RIP Yui plushie #2 (#1 is still with the rest of HTT...)

No comments: