Sunday, June 20, 2010

Hmmm...I Forgot I Created This Blog for a Cosplay Scavenger Hunt...

Well it's been a while since I came up with a scavenger hunt list (and I've been lazy working on my Sgt. Frog and Nabeshin cosplays for Anime Expo and lazy catching up on new anime), so I think I should refocus what I want to see at during the new event season, which for me starts with Anime Expo (Japan Expo in France, your day will come...)

Let's see, maybe I should start with that which is most familiar in anime, school uniforms:

Hidamari Sketch (I just started watching, and I am enjoying it a lot)
Shuffle!
K-On! (Is AX too early to see a Death Devil cosplay?)
Azumanga Daioh
Clannad
Kanon (still seems rare to see, and it borders on being too Santa Claus-y)
Air
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya (bonus for Nagato bunny headphones)
Prince of Tennis (still haven't watched)
Eyeshield 21 (with USC's bowl game ban, this may be the only excitement I'll get from football in a while, still haven't watched...the NCAA should punish those involved, not the current roster...)
Shangri-La (okay, Kuniko is not really a student, but it's probably the only thing that kept me attracted to the show as it really got weird towards the end...)
Azumanga Daioh
Sgt. Frog (Keroro Gunso...I just don't wanna be the only person cosplaying from this series...)
Lucky Star
Rosario + Vampire (happy to see it picked up by Funimation)
Toradora! (happy to see it coming to DVD in Region 1, I wonder if for Capu2, they'll release an uncensored version, though the version with the bear images censoring stuff does make for a fun drinking game...)
Kannagi: Crazy Shrine Maidens
Samurai Harem (Asu No Yoichi...if I only saw this earlier, I would've worked on a cosplay for this, though I don't feel I deserve to wear a hakama, even a blue one, yet)
Negima!(?!,?,@, and all the other symbols used in the title)
Full Metal Panic!

The above looks like ones I might actually find, now the ones I would be really amazed to see...(okay, I'm just looking down my DVD shelf)

To Heart (I would like to see Tsukasa Hiiragi cosplay as this...)
Bamboo Blade (kendo team uniform or school uniform)
Kashimashi: Girl Meets Girl
Girls' High (High School Girls, Joshi Kōsei)
Suzuka (though I have seen on Cosplay.com a girl doing the track team outfit)
His and Her Circumstances (Kare Kanno)
Mahoromatic

If I have time, I'll add to this list prior to AX to make this my scavenger hunt list for the 2010/11 season...any suggestions on what else to add?


No comments: