Monday, June 7, 2010

Travels with Yui: Oahu, Hawaii Part 2 - Sightseeing With Yui

Well this vacation was still a birthday present for me and a chance to relax for my friend before she moves on to the next step of her career, so it's not like I stopped everywhere to get a Yui pic, but here are some places I did take a pic...

Like in windward Oahu, particularly Kane'ohe:



Or stopping to sample macadamia nuts (or finding where you are in relation to the rest of the world) in Tropical Farms:



Or enjoying pineapple at Dole Plantation in Wahiawa:



This is where I got lost in the world's largest maze in the rain trying to break the record for finding all 8 stations without a map (bad idea considering I never saw the maze before...).



Of course, being on an island, water activities would be part of the trip, such as kayaking in Kailua...I came prepared...



From Kailua, you can kayak to a bird sanctuary on one of the Mokulua Islands (for the novice kayaker) or Flat Island (for the more experienced...not part of my trip...)



On this rocky island, you can see the remains of crabs that washed up and got trapped in the holes found all around the island...



I also hiked up Diamond Head, which at one time was part of the U.S. Army Coastal Artillery defense system...too bad I was out of shape to hike up the narrow paths and stairs that were already filled with tourists so early in the morning...



Snorkeling at Hanauma Bay was relaxing after the hike though...Because it was protected land, I didn't think about dunking Yui into the water...



Also hanging out a little bit in downtown Honolulu, particularly Chinatown:



and seeing historic landmarks like Iolani Palace:



and local treats like malasadas (a type of donut) at Leonard's Bakery:



And eventually checking out some things on Kalakaua Ave. in Waikiki:



Taking these pics does take a lot out of me as I end up taking two pics, one with and one without Yui...Actually many of the pics of Yui are of me with Yui clipped to my backpack. Since I don't like posting pics of myself out of cosplay on this blog, those pics will probably not make it here. However, I did take a pic of almost every meal I had in Oahu with Yui...

No comments: