Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Anime Expo 2010: I Thought I Was The Only One Who Watched It (A Cosplay Break)

 efore continuing on with the Anime Expo 2010 story, I think I should point out the cosplay that surprised me this year as I thought the series wasn't as popular for cosplay this side of the Pacific as I thought...So here are some that stood out...

I really liked the Aria series, so I was happy to see a cosplay from it...


Well my Dororo cosplay was a failure for this event, but I did find some good ones, though I would like to see a human form like the one I attempted...


 


In one of my Cosplay Girls books, there was a picture of people cosplaying from Andrew Lloyd Webber's Cats...strange at it was just a musical.  I was surprised to see it at an anime event (and after watching the show twice, still trying to determine if there is a plot to that show)...


Another cosplay I was surprised to see was from Ninja Nonsense...still not sure which Sasuke he was...


And then there was Avatar...


And Shuffle! (I still think I would rather be with Asa, though...)

I never played the game, but BioShock might be fun...

 

A crossplay of Misty (I regret not getting the pic of the girl cosplaying as Dawn)


And some Cowboy Bebop, which I didn't expect as the series isn't recent, and my observation is that many people wanna cosplay from the current hit series like K-On! and Haruhi (why no love for Lucky Star!?!?!?!?) than from classics (okay, I dunno what counts as a classic anime as I haven't watched as many series as some people I've met...)

 

I guess this counts as a top 10 non-Lucky Star/non-K-On! cosplay for AX2010...there are others I liked, and I'll post a slideshow soon, but I wanna tell the Danny Choo story next (which is mostly discussions about immigration reform with an otaku from Arizona during the CGM Night...)...

No comments: