Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides World Premiere at Disneyland



Last Saturday marked the third time I was at the red (I mean black) carpet of the premiere of a Pirates of the Caribbean film. While the entertainment press and Disney will show off the pics of the celebs (such as at the Disney Parks blog), I like seeing the arrivals of the generous people (some tickets were sold as part of a fundraiser for the Boys & Girls Clubs of America) who come in their best pirate costumes, which is something you don't see at any other movie premiere...



Seriously, there were people who came to watch the movie who dressed up as pirates...



Highlight of the night was the most convincing Johnny Depp impersonation:



When the celebrities I recognized arrived, it was getting dark, my batteries were about to die, and everything ended up blurry, so the slideshow represents only some of the pics I took...The pirates who were not movie attendees but were Disneyland cast members were also very entertaining, especially the one in our section who was able to play with American Idol David Cook:



Anyway, I did post these barely good pics as a slideshow...more are on my Facebook, but I only give that out to friends I've made in real life first...




Link

No comments: