Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Story of Three Hours: Wizard World Anaheim Comic Con


Some of the celebrity artists in attendance donated items for a raffle to encourage people to donate...

...Well I had finals to prepare for, but last Saturday, an opportunity came up that combined many of my favorite things...being at/near Disneyland, cosplay, and volunteering...helping collect donations for the tornado disaster relief efforts in the southern states at the Wizard World Anaheim Comic Con...the email calling for volunteers did mention there would be people in costumes, so I really wanted to go.

Across our table was a 3D film showcase where a photographer with the showcase wanted to take pics showing all the types of people who checked them out.



As the time went on, he wanted to get the costumed fans to wear the 3D glasses, too...



My shift was late in the afternoon when most attendees were out in panels or in line getting autographs or their own S.H.I.E.L.D. badges. However, I did get a few pics...



I had to do some cropping on this one...



Another group represented at this event was the R2 builders club...



Some more costumes...





What was really neat is that one of my favorite teams showed up to promote a viewing party the next evening in Burbank (too far for me, and who knew The Amazing Race would be bumped an hour so we could hear some really good news that would provide some closure for 9/11?)



While we were busy watching the Royal Wedding and celebrating the news that justice was served, there are still thousands without power and/or homes throughout Alabama, Tennessee, Georgia, Arkansas, Mississippi, and North Carolina. If you can help, you can donate to http://www.redcross.org.

No comments: