Friday, June 24, 2011

Anime Expo 2011 Cosplay Preview 2: Ore no Imōto ga Konna ni Kawaii Wake ga Nai

This is why I only remember it by the shorthand title...

Originally, I wanted both my cosplays to be squid related (Ika Musume and Summer War's Mansuke), but after seeing how well received my off-the-(thrift store)-rack Nabeshin cosplay was last year (a kid asked for my autograph thinking I was him...), I thought about trying another off-the-rack cosplay...After watching Comic Party, I knew there seemed to be something familiar with the look to Saori from Oreimo...



Seems like wearing a long sleeve button up green shirt, jeans, and glasses makes you the stereotypical otaku (seriously, go watch Comic Party and tell me that Saori is not cosplaying as the tall guy...)

2 comments:

Dan said...

Hey, nice crossplay, seriously. Where did you get the glasses?

amateur_cameko said...

Thanks. Made the glasses by painting over them. I forgot now what I used, probably glass paint.

The crossplay was retired before it was even used at an event because 1) wig never worked out and 2) too hot to wear long sleeves....