Saturday, June 4, 2011

Hmmm...I Probably Should Read The Instructions Again (The 3D Camera Saga Part 1)

Okay, I thought it would be neat for this year's Anime Expo to take 3D cosplay pictures. Now I know you can use a Nintendo 3DS or the Fujifilm FinePix W3 Real 3D camera, but I didn't want to spend too much money on a new camera...

The solution is to use two cheap digital cameras. I'm following the instructions I found in the Maximum PC article and two Canon SD400 cameras I bought for cheap on eBay (one of them has a damaged LCD that I got for $20...I got the other in much better condition for $60).

To make the rig, I got some strips of basswood from JoAnn and some metal brace clips from The Home Depot in addition to the other items on the list in the article. For decoration, I used special duct tape...Unfortunately, mine didn't turn out the way it did in the article...



How was I gonna hold this thing????



Well...it's back to the drawing board on the frame before I move on to building the synchronizing switch (it's been years since I used a soldering iron...I think I'll get someone with more soldering experience to work on that part...)...

No comments: