Saturday, August 13, 2011

Tanabata Festival/Nisei Week 2011 - A Story of 3.5 Hours Part 1 - Some 3D...




Metal chairs + hot day = hot seat...many of the chairs in front of the stage at the Tanabata Festival near the Japanese American National Museum were empty during the ukulele concert...

Well I didn't plan on doing much for this year's Nisei Week in Little Tokyo because of plans to attend the upcoming Disney D23 Expo and going back to school...I tried to set up a meetup today, but I arrived 45 minutes late because of traffic on the freeway. My day was also cut short because frankly, it was pretty hot...

I did take this as an opportunity to play with my 3D rig again, and I thought taking pictures of the streamers from the Tanabata Festival (3rd year) that's held during the first weekend of Nisei Week would be an ideal subject...





Now that the Japanese Village Plaza has been renovated with new trees, some were repurposed for Nisei Week to hold tanzaku paper that contains wishes of the people (some interesting ones to be posted in a later post)...



Now the Tanabata Festival program listed a fashion show hosted by AniMaid Cafe and PMX, but that didn't happen as scheduled...However, I did see a bunch of cosplayers across the street with a program that was probably linked with Anime LA since Tadao Tomomatsu was emceeing the event...



I have more pics taken with the successor to my PowerShot that died during Anime Expo to be posted in a later post.

On a side note, I replaced the batteries in the cameras in my 3D rig, but it still seems like they drain quickly when used in the 3D rig...I wonder if I should reduce the voltage of the pulse used in the synchronization shutter switch...So until I figure out how to fix the quick battery drain problem, I gotta take 3D pics sparingly...

No comments: