Thursday, November 17, 2011

Raising Money in a Santa Outfit, Helping People with Severe Disabilities

 
My fundraising page for Opportunity Village can be found here.

My running event camera's (an old Sony DSC-P72) batteries died while I was running in the Disneyland Star Tours Family 5K back during Labor Day weekend two months ago, but I was able to get this pic of Princess Leia...and there was this cool Jedi runner too that I wanted to get a pic of...




As the holidays approach, I realize how fortunate I really am.  I do have some complaints once in a while, but they are never as bad as they could be.  With that in mind, I feel like combining many things that I like...running events, cosplay, and good causes.  I found the event for me...The Las Vegas Great Santa Run that is being held on Saturday, December 3 (the day before the evening Rock & Roll Las Vegas Marathon on the Strip).


What's great about this is every runner will get a Santa Suit to wear (contemplating doing a Santa Claus x Nabeshin mashup) to take part in the world record attempt for largest Santa gathering.  But more importantly, it raises funds for Opportunity Village, a charity that helps people with severe disabilities lead independent lives through vocational training, day services, advocacy, and recreational activities.  You can learn more about this great organization at the Opportunity Village website.

You can help me raise funds by contributing on my fundraising page.  Every little bit helps.  And donations are tax-deductible.

Have a Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments: