Here are pics I took at the park last week to try out using higher resolution cameras and better camera alignment. I did notice that the switch got a little buggy at times, but so did v1.0/1.1. One thing I liked is that the batteries didn't drain as quickly (a problem that seemed to go away with v1.0/1.1 when I switched to a single AA battery).
Friday, April 20, 2012
Wednesday, April 18, 2012
As a reference for myself in case the soldered joints break when I'm at an event or for anyone interested, here's the circuit diagram for the 3D camera v1.1 and v2.0.
Sunday, April 15, 2012
3D v2.0 rev. A (rev. NC was never fully completed) on the left and v1.1 (v1.0 can be found here.) on the right...
After much trial-and-error doing the soldering by myself, I have finally completed making two 3D rigs by myself...Once I finish reading The Canon Camera Hackers Manual by Daum that I found while looking for something else on Amazon, I might try to incorporate more tricks (turns out you can play games on your camera, for example).