Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Anime Expo 2012: The Loot in 10 Pictures

I'll eventually get to a AX in 10 pictures post, but for now, enjoy the loot in 10 pictures post...I guess people post this to show what one could get at cons...

I tried to control my spending by paying for everything in cash, but then I went to the NIS America booth, which always has cool stuff with purchase, like figures, books, and CDs...




I bought two titles solely based on the entries related to the titles I saw at the AMV contest on day 1 and the advice of my con buddies, anohana and Kimi ni Todoke (total cost $210):


With the purchase, I got kimi ni todoke magnets/postcards and an anohana pencil cup...


Another title I picked up was Mahoromatic: I'm Home from the Sentai Filmworks booth ($20)...

I wanted to get something from series I've been hooked on as of late, like IdolM@ster magnets from the J-List booth ($5 each).  Each came with a piece of gum (haven't tried it yet).


Had to stop at the Anime Jungle booth since their Puella Magi Madoka Magica figures seemed to be cheaper than other booths (and I like supporting the local economy, $8 each):






I bought the entire lot.  Sadly Madoka wasn't there...I also got a couple Ika Musume mini figures (which also included gum) at Anime Jungle ($8 each):


While I don't have a complete Madoka set, I found a figure to complete my K-On set (in terms of having all the main members, excluding Azusa, $20 at another booth...it was also the last box on display):


Another purchase I thought was great was a set of trading straps featuring characters from Key series at what I guess was the Bandai booth based on the DVDs available for sale ($45 for the set...still a better deal than the $80 I spent last year on Vocaloid straps).  I since replaced the straps with key rings I picked up at JoAnn:




Other collectibles I picked up at random locations ($5 for Kyubey, $10 for Yusa...was hoping I would get something else, but I'll find a use for these...):



Other freebies I picked up was a bag from Toyota x Studio 4C collaboration PES (Peace Eco Smile) after I showed them that I visited the website on my smartphone (too bad I didn't have good coverage in the exhibit hall) and some Aria (the Animation/the Natural/the Origination) paper crafts I received by what I guess was the RightStuf street team after they heard me talk about RightStuf on day 4.


This was also the first time I didn't go to Artist Alley, but I guess after dropping a lot just on anime, you're not motivated to buy much else...


No comments: