Monday, July 2, 2012

Quickpost: Lessons Learned from Anime Expo 2012...

So I don't forget, the lessons I learned during this year's AX are:

1.  When organizing a cosplay gathering, assume there will be 5 times as many cosplayers who show up than actually had a solid confirmation of attending on any discussion forums.

2.  If the cosplay includes a skirt, carry stuff in a fanny pack so I can carry my wallet.

3.  Pay for everything in cash to control spending.

4.  You're never too old to cosplay or attend an anime convention.

5.  When you crossplay as a schoolgirl, real girls dressed as schoolgirls will want to take pictures with you...

6.  If part of a con meetup group, the GroupMe app will suck your smartphone battery dry.  Use FRS radios instead.

7.  Always have a good story to tell...if watching an anime in a video rooms isn't enough to cure your boredom at con, the open mic panel may be the place to go...

8.  If doing 3D pics, make sure the hack software is stable before using...or carry the backup rig if possible...

9.  Always check the con schedule every morning for possible changes.

10.  I'm older than I look...

No comments: