Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Quickpost: The 2012 Disneyland Half Marathon





The polka-dot running skirt is a very popular choice for runDisney events...But I also saw a lot of women dressed as Princess Jasmine this year...I guess it's a lot more comfortable.  If you were wondering, that is Angel Stadium...


It seems like I'm taking fewer and fewer pictures at the Disneyland Half Marathon.  It's not because there are fewer and fewer costumes, but rather the number of runners keep increasing (a record 17,000 runners participated this year), meaning that I'm busier at my volunteer assignment.  I volunteer every year because it's for a good cause, the Anaheim Community Foundation.
There were a lot of Peter Pans, Tinkerbells (though more would appear at the new Tinkerbell Half Marathon in January, which will be it's second year in Anaheim), Mickeys, Minnies, and Elvis Presley, a lot of Disney princesses (though I guess more show up at the Princess Half Marathon at Walt Disney World in February), and, oddly enough, a couple Finding Nemo running costumes...


They weren't the only people running as Nemo and friends...

Well, it's been almost a month since I came back from London...I should get started blogging about my Olympic adventure soon...

No comments: