Thursday, February 28, 2013

2012 Catchup: London 2012 - Day 2 Part 0 Quickposts

Here are 10 pictures taken during my day 2 in London at Olympic Park (this would've been 8/6/12).  This is a quickpost since there's not much of a story for these pics except that I thought they were interesting views not thought of when thinking of Olympic Park.


I wish I was able to get tickets to the Mittoral Orbit so I could've gotten a real good view of the entire Olympic Park...




 
Where the BBC broadcasts were from...Made from recycled materials and had a great view of the venues...The NBC Today studio near the Olympic Village, on the other hand, didn't look too great.



 
One of the McDonald's (a smaller one) in the background with a London 2012 volunteer in the foreground...



 
I thought the little nameplate on this bench would've mentioned either an Olympic hero or a donor's name, until I looked closer...



 
...a recipe for ragu alla blognese...I dunno if the other benches were like this...



 
I ended my last day in Olympic Park watching someone perform in an inflatable bandstand chatting with a local who was a volunteer for the tennis events at Wimbledon.  He recorded the match stats...




 
The inflatable bandstand with the permanent Velodrome and temporary Basketball Arena...Further back is the Olympic Village...



 
If you didn't have tickets to a session, or wanted to see what was going on in other venues, you caught it on one of the Live Sites...One of them was set up in Olympic Park.  I also saw sailing at a Live Site that was set up at Hyde Park on my last day where I also watched The Temper Trap perform...


More pictures and a summary of my last day in Olympic Park to come...

No comments: