Friday, July 19, 2013

Quickpost: Anime Expo 2013 Crossplay/Genderbend Gathering

The second gathering I hosted during Anime Expo 2013 was the crossplay/genderbend gathering on day 3 (July 6).  The turnout was greater this time around than from the last time this was held.

While the last gathering was all related to making a rock-n-roll album, the turnout was good enough that we tried boys-vs-girls, "that awkward feeling when you realize that they aren't girls/boys", and "stumping The Riddler".

Now I wasn't in the pics for this gathering since the skirt for my cosplay needed repair, and I was short on time to fix it before the gathering.  So I went with plan B so people can find the gathering and crossplayed as Yuri from Angel Beats.  However, after the gathering, I did manage to fix the skirt and spent the rest of the day as Ika Musume, getting Tentacle Grape soda from the J-List booth...

Now that I think about it, I prefer crossplay since wearing pants or shorts doesn't feel like I'm wearing a costume (I only break out the Nabeshin cosplay now and then if I want to cosplay but don't feel like doing too much prep work), and there are very few interesting male characters in the anime series that I watch.  And I'm beginning to think that many guys crossplay for the same reason.

amateurcameko's AX2013 Crossplay Genderbend Gathering album on Photobucket

2 comments:

Andrea said...

The person who was wearing the swimsuit is a dear friend of mine. Thanks for taking these pictures! :)

LoveChloe said...

Cool crossplays! Some of them are really good haha! Thanks for sharing! Btw would you like to follow each other on GFC and bloglovin? Let me know :D

http://loveme-lovechloe.blogspot.com.au/