Thursday, July 31, 2014

Anime Expo 2014-Love Live! School Idol Project Gathering


A 9:00 pm cosplay gathering during AX?  Finally, someone got it right by scheduling something when it isn't so hot and crowded!  Unfortunately, the host was delayed by the Sword Art Online II premiere, so I had to relay his texts to the group that moved outside.

I whittled the 90 pics I took at this gathering to a couple dozen (found in this album), but I'm only gonna show off my favorites in this post as I'm trying to get back to my 15 pics or less storytelling.

As this gathering was on July 4, everyone was hoping to get fireworks in the background, but it wouldn't be the case.  Being under lampposts, the pics had an interesting vibe...


It was really neat that many of the photographers present were actually wearing Love Live! t-shirts...



It made making use of the photography sets in the Entertainment Hall more interesting...


Of course, the classroom set is still the most popular set...

If you look closely, you will find a Rikka Takanashi picture on the bulletin board...I'm thinking crossovers in a cosplay photoshoot like this would be fun...



If you haven't figured out by now that there were a couple crossplayers in this gathering, then this reaction shot when a Kill La Kill cosplayer invaded wouldn't have made as much sense...

Again, being Independence Day, the Americans had to be represented by McDonald's samurai...


Notice the French fry arrow quiver and bo staff in classic red and yellow...








No comments: